Location: San Diego/Remote Part-time: 5-10 hrs per week
Hebrew Free Loan of San Diego is seeking an intern to work in non-profit marketing, working closely with the Executive Director. This position requires basic knowledge of Canva and social media content creation, as well as knowledge of how to place social media advertisements and reels. The intern will help generate donors and borrowers through their marketing efforts and will ultimately have an impact on the lives of our San Diego community! There is flexibility in the hours, location and the position can be done remotely. HFLSD can offer course credit for this opportunity.
Hebrew Free Loan of San Diego (HFLSD) is a part of the International Association of Jewish Free Loans (IAJFL), with a common goal of helping people with temporary financial needs to become or remain self-supporting, self-respecting members of their community through access to interest-free loans. HFLSD’s mission is to provide Jewish households living in poverty or who are financially insecure, to overcome short-term financial needs/emergencies. HFLSD loans are not considered a hand-out, but rather a hand-up!
HFLSD is an emerging non-profit excited to help individuals and families throughout the Greater San Diego community to overcome challenges and pursue their dreams. Based on the Jewish values of tzedakah (justice/charity), gemilut hasadim (acts of loving kindness), and tikkun olam (repairing the world), they will provide interest-free loans to meet a wide range of needs: including life cycle events, small business, medical expenses, debt consolidation, fertility, summer camp, student loans, and many others. In our first year, we have successfully extended over 30 loans and have a 100% repayment rate. We are excited to have the right person join our team and grow with us.
Responsibilities for Social Media Intern
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Operations Administrator to develop social media postings, discover new media outlets, track social media exposure and explore google analytics/ads.
- Monitor other IAJFL social media sites.
- Research influencers in the Jewish world that can help spread the message of HFLSD.
- Aid in all aspects of promoting the businesses marketing campaigns.
- Assist in implementing plans to increase followers on popular social media websites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Qualifications for Social Media Intern
- College course-work in business, marketing, journalism, public relations or related field
- Familiar with social media/marketing management tools including Canva, google analytics, and WordPress
- Experience with social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- General knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and internet ranking for web content
- Entry level experience determining how to cater unique marketing campaigns to a targeted audience
- Entry level understanding of marketing strategy and how to use the concepts through various forms of outreach.
Join us! submit a resume and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org