All loans require qualified loan guarantors. Guarantors must meet the following criteria:
- Guarantors must be at least 25 years old, US citizens and at least one must be a legal resident currently living in California.
- Have a checking account, a minimum FICO score of 670, and total family income of at least $60,000 a year which can be derived from employment, retirement, or investments.
The following people may not guarantee a loan, even if they meet the requirements above:
- Persons who currently have an HFLSD loan
- Pulpit Clergy (Rule exists for Clergy protection)
- Persons who are unable to repay the loan
Note: Spouses or persons in a domestic partnership do not qualify as two separate guarantors.
If you (or your guarantors) meet some but not all the criteria above, please email us. We are here to help, and we may be able to make exceptions to certain requirements.