Location: San Diego / Remote
Part-Time: 5-10 hrs per week
Hebrew Free Loan of San Diego is seeking an intern that will assist with the administration of confidential borrower data and databases, which will help this emerging non-profit to optimize systems and productivity of the organization, and ultimately have an impact on the lives of our San Diego community! There is flexibility in the hours, location and the position can be done remotely. HFLSD can offer course credit for this opportunity
ABOUT HEBREW FREE LOAN:
Hebrew Free Loan of San Diego (HFLSD) is a part of the International Association of Jewish Free Loans (IAJFL), with a common goal of helping people with temporary financial needs to become or remain self-supporting, self-respecting members of their community through access to interest-free loans. HFLSD’s mission is to provide Jewish households living in poverty or who are financially insecure, to overcome short-term financial needs/emergencies. HFLSD loans are not considered a hand-out, but rather a hand-up!
HFLSD is an emerging non-profit excited to help individuals and families throughout the Greater San Diego community to overcome challenges and pursue their dreams. Based on the Jewish values of tzedakah (justice/charity), gemilut hasadim (acts of loving kindness), and tikkun olam (repairing the world), they will provide interest-free loans to meet a wide range of needs: including life cycle events, small business, medical expenses, debt consolidation, fertility, summer camp, student loans, and many others. In our first year, we have successfully extended over 30 loans and have a 100% repayment rate. We are excited to have the right person join our team and grow with us.
Responsibilities for Data Management Intern:
- Track incoming borrower applications and transfer applicant data to Excel spreadsheet
- Initial email contact with potential borrowers to request supporting documentation necessary for application
- Work closely with the Operations Administrators to update and maintain loan processing databases on a weekly basis
- Develop reports and searches with the current CRM system, based on data management needs
- Flexibility and interest to support in other areas that may arise as needed
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS and CHARACTERISTICS:
- A high degree of professionalism and commitment towards excellence
- Maintains strict confidentiality
- Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail
- College course-work in business, finance, psychology or social work
- Experience with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Forms, etc.) and Microsoft Excel
- Entry level knowledge of CRM systems. Knowledge of Little Green Light a plus
Join us! Submit you resume and interest in the data management intern position to email@example.com. We look forward to talking with you!